Questions & Answers
Player Comments, Questions, Suggestions, Tips, etc.
Send comments, questions, criticisms, ideas, thoughts or whatever to us via electronic mail. SEND EMAIL
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1) Does 1 Campaign Turn = 1 Battle Turn?.
2) Explain the limits on Non-Controlled Armies (e.g. Army of Virginia, Washington District);
3) Do Forced March stragglers catch up?
4) Can Confederate's draw supply from captured towns?
5) Does Fire ever lower CV?
6) Can more then 1 unit move from the Reserve area on the battle board to
the same space?
7) Can a unit move and join another space with a friendly unit? (on the Battle Board)
8) Can Lee activate all sub-ordinate units within range?
9) Can Cavalry retreat or move into an un-supplied state?
10) Can a unit in Reserve be targetted by fire or assault?
11) May Command points be spent during Battle Rounds to move more then 1 unit?
12) When withdrawing HQ and Infantry units (and Cavalry opposed by enemy cavalry) during the final battle turn, can you move them from a BLP directly to an adjacent town, or would you have to begin the withdrawal
one turn before the final battle turn and move from BLP to reserve, and then to an adjacent town on the final battle turn?
13) During a battle turn, must you complete all firing from one BLP (or HQ
from reserve) before you begin firing in another position, or could you
14) For fire attacks, it seems that if the attacker declares an infantry unit is attacking, that the best choice of unit to defend is cavalry (if available) since it will get a -1 morale modifier. It also seems that if the attacker declares a cavalry unit is attacking, that the best choice of
unit to defend is infantry (instead of risking a cavalry unit who is valuable against infantry).
Question: does that make sense? Was that an intended effect?
15) Is it possible for morale modifiers to render a morale check impossible to fail? Ex: one hit by an infantry unit (+1) on a cavalry unit (-1) in a BLP with an HQ (-1). So there is a net modifier of -1; the highest possible die roll is 6, so 6-1 = 5 which is no effect.
16) Last paragraph of IX.B.2.a.i. Encirclement Move .....those units (in the opponent's reserve area) become disrupted and are immediately moved into their own reserve area.
Question: If the units to become disrupted are in the reserve area already, how are they to immediately to move into their reserve area??? and who moves to reserve-the moving units trying to encircle? and if so the one that failed or both?
17) May moving units causing an encirclement (as well as units that have already fired) fire during pursuit (pursuit fire)?
18) Redeployment-You may move units from what was the battle town to
adjacent towns. Can you also move units from adjacent towns into what was the
19) Do dummies require supply? If so, and they were out of supply are they eliminated?
20) Are the road limits for Routing in addition to voluntary retreats/reinforcements done earlier in the turn?
21) I realize that the Gettysburg scenario is for practice mainly, but where
does the cavalry HQ go? I assume all other HQs not mentioned are with the
Corps that they command.
22) If opponent takes one of your BLPs (Left or Right), could your center BLP take his BLP? I guess so and then you would each be giving 'Flank' fire to the other. However, the Flank Fire rule says from an enemy BLP into another enemy BLP but technically you would be firing from an enemy BLP into your
23) Morale check for Assault Move; if the modified roll = 6, I assume you do not take a loss but instead you cannot Assault.
24) You have units (have won melee) in the ENEMY center BLP and you have HQ in your OWN center BLP. Does the HQ give morale bonus of +1 to the units in the enemy center BLP even though they are in two different BLPs?
25) For the Morale check for cavalry attempting an Assault MOVE (or cavalry defender in Melee) I assume there is no -1 correct?
26) HQs may attempt to F.M. by themselves, in which case they are a group of 1, and are considered Veteran units for morale purposes.
I assume this means if it rolls greater than 9 the HQ will lose a CV? If so, I assume the HQ could spend CVs to regain stragglers.
27) Although the AoV is allowed in non-Blue towns, do they have to initially set-up in a Blue town?
Does the RMD have to set-up in a Red town?
28) Do you have to designate all units that will attempt a force march before rolling for any, or can you wait to see the outcome of an attempt
before designating other units for force marching?
29) When Units are making a Morale check for attempting an Assault Move, is the condition of "(P10 Morale Check Modifiers)...enemy melee CV strength is greater than twice the total friendly CV strength in the checking unit's BLP: +1" in effect?
30) It seems like it would be VERY SELDOM that a unit would FAIL Morale while attempting an assault move.
31) Setup: Can Stuart (Cav. HQ) can setup in a town adjacent to a 'Red' town (like Cavalry).
32) Could a Supply Wagon setup next to a 'Red' town also?
33) Do Straggler losses count as Inf/Cav CV eliminated at the games end.
34) "Cavalry target receiving hit(s) from Inf OR HQ units get -1". Since hits from an HQ cause automatic Disruption and don't produce a Morale Check why is that mentioned?
35) When making an Assault move, do you have to declare all units which are to attempt an Assault move before moving any, or do you see what happens with one unit attempting an Assault move before declaring that you want to move additional units (This is important for an 'Encirclement' move because if the first unit 'passes' a Morale check, why would you move additional units, since if the other BLP 'Encirclement' move failed, only that one unit in the opponent's reserve would be disrupted (rather than additional units also).
36) In Pursuit Fire, HQ's cannot 'pursue', but I assume HQ's CAN BE pursued-correct?
37) The rules say that No unit can Fire and then Move in the same turn. Knowing that: Is Retreat considered Movement?
38) Can HQ firing from reserve later retreat?
39) I presume that Supply units (like Dummy Units) can reinforce into a Battle (to avoid their being attacked and destroyed if they are the only units in a town) but they must remain in Reserve and if their side Routs they will be destroyed.
copyright 2006, G. Myers, all rights reserved - however read the